Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rule to monitor for a specific user login

From: Jesse Lands <cryptograffiti () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:18:53 +0000

If you can see the data in network traffic, you can write a rule to find
it.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist

I guess it would have helped if I was a little more specific.  I want to
monitor for a list of Windows logins used across the network.  Users who
don't have access or shouldn't anymore.  I have a list of logins that are in
use, but don't have a central log collection and have to many computers to
individually check each system.

Thanks again
Jesse