Snort mailing list archives

Re: whether wireshark can be integrated with snort??

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:46:37 -0400

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stephen Mullins
<steve.mullins.work () gmail com> wrote:
I would suggest you use Sguil with Snort and you can launch wireshark
from Sguil if needed.

Or you could use an inline network TAP on the cable running from the
SPAN port to the Wireshark box to "split" the signal so it goes to
both the Snort sensor and the Wireshark box.

Steve Mullins