Snort mailing list archives

Re: SPAN groups and network taps

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:12:36 -0600

Typically how are people setting up their snort machines with network taps?  One tap per link you want to monitor into
one NIC on the snort machine?

Any recommendations on hardware and techniques to accomplish tapping 4 1GB links into one Snort sensor, minimizing the
amount of NICs required on the snort sensor?