Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.8.4 Now Available

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:47:09 -0400

Thanks for working on this new release. Its great to see the continuous
improvements in Snort. I have a few comments about downloading rules from
the website:

I have to say the website is a bit confusing which rule set a user with
Snort 2.8.4 needs to download. Is it Snort 2.8 or Current? I personally know
with 2.8.4 will need to download current, but it is not very clear on the
website. To me having something like Snort v2.8 means all version of Snort
v2.8.

Also if people re-configure there update tool to point to Snort Current now,
it will eventually break when the next snort version is released and Snort
Current points to that new version rule set. It would be great to have a
static download location for all versions of snort, including the latest
version.

Thanks!
Jeff