Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error getting during snort installation steps on windows (Not able to run snortstart.bat file)

From: Leon Ward <seclists () rm-rf co uk>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:39:07 +0100

It doesn't get stuck, it's doing it's job.

-Leon
http://leonward.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/not-using-pcap_frames-aka-when-good-verbosity-goes-bad/

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Sadanand Ghagare <sadanandgh () gmail com>wrote:

Hi

I followed steps to install snort on windows 2003 standard edition. For
this, I used method of installing snort on win xp.
After installation, when I tried to run snortstart.bat file as per steps
12, it got stuck on following prompt and I cant see snort piggy as well not
I am getting any output in Kiwi.

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

   ,,_     -*> Snort! <*-
  o"  )~   Version 2.8.4-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 GRE (Build 26)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team:
http://www.snort.org/team.html
           Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Sourcefire, Inc., et al.
           Using PCRE version: 7.4 2007-09-21

           Rules Engine: SF_SNORT_DETECTION_ENGINE  Version 1.10  <Build
16>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_SSLPP  Version 1.1  <Build 2>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_SSH  Version 1.1  <Build 1>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_SMTP  Version 1.1  <Build 7>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_FTPTELNET  Version 1.2  <Build 11>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_DNS  Version 1.1  <Build 2>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_DCERPC  Version 1.1  <Build 4>
           Preprocessor Object: SF_DCERPC2  Version 1.0  <Build 1>
Not Using PCAP_FRAMES