Snort mailing list archives

Re: Advice on multiple packet capture

From: "pieter claassen" <pieter () claassen co uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:39:29 +0100

Yes, I agree. What you need to do is write two sets of rules that are
statefull:

Something like this:
Rule1: uricontent:a.jpg; flowbits:set, ajpg.seen; noalert
Rule2: flowbits:isset,ajpg.seen, uricontent:b.jpg; msg: "saw a.jpg and then
b.jpg"
Rule3: uricontent:b.jpg; flowbits:set, bjpg.seen; noalert
Rule4: flowbits:isset,bjpg.seen; uricontent:a.jpg; msg: "saw b.jpg and then
a.jpg"

Regards,
Pieter