Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard regular restart required

From: Ian Masters <ian () acces co jp>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:10:23 +0900

CP

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thanks for the mail. I can't believe I missed these, but I did.

Check your logs for messages like these:

Mar 10 12:14:30 getafix barnyard[5010]: FATAL ERROR: Expected Confirm
222668 and got: Failed to insert 222668: mysqlexec: handle already
closed (dangling pointer)

/var/log/messages:Mar 12 10:43:38 mail barnyard[32110]: FATAL ERROR:
Error (MySQL server has gone away) executing query: SELECT sig_id FROM
signature WHERE sig_name='SNMP missing community string attempt' AND
sig_rev=6 AND sig_sid=1893 AND sig_gid=1

This occurred when I restarted barnyard. I was not actively executing
any query.

Ian