Snort mailing list archives

Re: PCAP_FRAMES

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:00:18 -0500

Hi Shawn,

The environment variables PCAP_FRAMES and PCAP_MEMORY are not used by
Snort directly, but by Phil Woods libpcap.  Snort just gets the
environment variable and prints the value of it if it exists.  Currently
it only prints the value of PCAP_FRAMES, but could easily print the
value of PCAP_MEMORY as well if it's found in the environment.

Todd

Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
Hi,

I’m using Phil Woods MMAP-mode libpcap, and just put more memory in my
snort machine.  To take advantage of that, I tried using PCAP_MEMORY
instead of PCAP_FRAMES=max, but when I do that, snort is logging “Not
Using PCAP_FRAMES”.  Do you have to use PCAP_FRAMES with snort instead
of PCAP_MEMORY?

Thanks,
Shawn

http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H