Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort on debian monitor interface dhcp

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:31:19 -0500

You should also run the most current version of Snort.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:28 PM, staff <staff () aandrtech net> wrote:

I do not understand why you are doing that.

run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure snort' and select the correct response to
enable/disable promiscuous mode. When you are done reconfiguring snort, it
will automatically be started.

use 'sudo invoke-rc.d snort start' when you want to turn snort on, it will
start as configured.

I have no idea why you are using 'ifconfig eth1 up promisc'.

I suggest 'man interfaces' and 'sudo vim /etc/network/interfaces'

Your signature has the answer:

The computer you are using has no brain,
therefore you must use your own.

Shirkdog
For the Republic
http://www.shirkdog.us