Snort mailing list archives

Re: SuSe Linux and the so_rules

From: "Sven Wurth" <swurth () astaro com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 00:43:21 -0800

Hi Tedi,

I'm not sure if this is right, because:

Some new rules will only delivered as a precompiled so_rule,
in the ruleset there are sources for recompiling your own so_rules but
you will get not all rules.
That's because (from sourcefire vrt: "Due to contract terms with some
3rd party research organizations,
a number of VRT certified rules will only be delivered as binaries.")

These binaries must fit with the libc from your distro ...

Best regards
Sven