Snort mailing list archives

Re: MacOSX bus error, snort-2.8.3.1 install

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:50:17 -0700

On 12/29/08 8:03 PM, "John Kraus" <johnkraus3 () gmail com> wrote:

I keep getting a bus error on my MacOSX after installing Snort-2.8.3.1 and
running in IDS mode, despite having followed, as best I can, the installation
instructions, previous posts to this list, and other advice pertaining to this
problem.

<snip>

/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.dylib... done
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/libsf_dcerpc_preproc.dylib... done
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/libsf_dns_preproc.dylib... done
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.dylib... done
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/libsf_smtp_preproc.dylib... done
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/libsf_ssh_preproc.dylib... done
Bus error

I would be grateful for any suggestions on solving the bus error problem.
Thanks,

Did you do:

export LD_TWOLEVEL_NAMESPACE=1
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5

Before configuring?  I had the same issue and this fixed that.

James