Snort mailing list archives

Invalid keyword 'Preprocessor' for global configuration

From: Ramamohan Vatyam <ramamohan.vatyam () ril com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:04:44 +0530 (IST)

Dear Snort Gurus,

Please provide me solution for the below problem:

1. I have installed Snort 2.8.3.1 on Windows.

2. Using IDS policy Manager downloaded the latest rules and pushed to the sensor.

3. After restarting the sensor getting the error :

C:\win-ids\Snort\etc\snort.conf(134) => Invalid keyword 'preprocessor' for 'global' configuration .

Please find my snot.conf attached for your reference.

Ph:+91-22-44772508
HP:+91-9987001939
E-Mail: ramamohan.vatyam () ril com

C:\win-ids\Snort\etc\snort.conf(134) => Invalid keyword 'preprocessor' for 'global' configuration .

Please find my snot.conf attached for your reference.

Ph:+91-22-44772508
HP:+91-9987001939
E-Mail: ramamohan.vatyam () ril com
"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
are confidential. and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this message and any attachments
is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."