Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-sigs] Snort rules against traffic from Tor

From: Matt Jonkman <jonkman () jonkmans com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:37:45 -0500

Frank Knobbe wrote:

No no, I mean, reviewing the alerts generated by inbound TOR sigs and
checking if there are SQL injection or other attacks that the regular
didn't alert on

Ahh ya. That's a very good idea. What I've been doing out of curiousity
so far is grepping my apache logs for the IPs that trip tor exit nodes
but nothing else, and so far they're all very obvious bad stuff. Looking
for apps that don't exist, pass change forms, rfi's etc.

Will look closer and see where we can tune rules to make sure there are
hits where appropriate.

Good idea frank!

Mat

-Frank