Snort mailing list archives

help

From: radhouene azzabi <worldrad06 () hotmail fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 23:12:38 +0100

Hello
I m security's student and i have just begining work on SNORT
my target is to test this utility with different attack for this reasan i want to know how i can do this test and what
tools can i use.

information can help:

-my OS is fedora 7
-In my research I found IDSwakeup ( is to generate false attack that mimic well known ones, in order to see if NIDS
detects them and generates false positives. ) but he found problem when it lunched the iwu
IDSwakeup exsit in :
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/idswakeup/index.html.en)

please help me
thanks for evry body