Snort mailing list archives

New user to Snort- Having errors

From: "Arun Patil" <arunpatil123456 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 02:51:42 +0530

 Hi,
I am a new user to snort but facing few problems.
Whenver I give the command *snort -v, *I get the following message and the
screen gets paused.

D:\Snort\bin>snort -v
Running in packet dump mode

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Initializing Output Plugins!
Verifying Preprocessor Configurations!
***
*** interface device lookup found: \
***

Initializing Network Interface \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter
Decoding Ethernet on interface \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

  o"  )~   Version 2.8.3.1-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 GRE (Build 17)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/team.html
           (C) Copyright 1998-2008 Sourcefire Inc., et al.
           Using PCRE version: 7.4 2007-09-21

Not Using PCAP_FRAMES