Snort mailing list archives

Re: A couple of questions

From: funky <funky () incubo org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:32:16 +0100

Joel Esler escribió:
On Nov 22, 2008, at 10:48 PM, funky wrote:

Hello guys,

I got a couple of questions:

-first: why can't I use mysql and -A parameter together?
when I use -A fast then snort doesn't connect to mysql

Command line overrides the snort.conf file.

-second: is this normal?

And intentional.

mysql> select * from schema;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'schema' at line 1

that table only has a couple of fields, an int and a datatime.

I'm using OpenBSD 4.3 and Snort 2.8.0.1 from packages.

What version of mysql?

It's 5.0.51a