Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where can i find the schemas?

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:15:45 -0600

On 10/31/08 4:00 PM, "Jose Manuel Colon" <jsmclon () gmail com> wrote:

Hi, i am reading this guide: Debian, Snort, Barnyard, BASE, & Oinkmaster Setup
Guide <http://www.snort.org/docs/setup_guides/deb-snort-howto.pdf> .

Now we have to import the schema that comes with the snort program:
# cd /usr/local/src/snort-x.x.x/schemas/
# mysql -u root -p < create_mysql snort

I have installed snort with synaptic and i don't know where is the schemas
directory. Somebody can help me?

Thank you very much.

Download the source and extract..it¹s in there.

James