Snort mailing list archives

Windows snort to syslog

From: "Cintron, Jose J." <jcintron () mitre org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:37:04 -0400

I have a snort server running on Windows (192.168.1.100) and I have a
remote syslog server running again on a Windows server (192.168.1.3)
(using Kiwi Syslog).  My snort.conf file says...

output alert_syslog: host=192.168.1.3, log_auth log_alert

I've tried changing the address to address port (192.168.1.3:514).  I
tried to send to the TCP port (1468) of the syslog server instead of
the UDP port just to check.  I have a sniffer to see all traffic from
the snort box to the syslog server.

And I don't see a thing.  What am I doing wrong (I'm sure that it's me
and not the pig).