Snort mailing list archives

Re: icmp pass rules

From: "Stephen Reese" <rsreese () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:21:29 -0400

So if I plan on filtering a host or subnet then use suppression
otherwise stick to pass?

I'm trying to keep in mind down the road after the pass/suppression
rules start building up there will be performance implications so I'm
trying to start off smart so I don't have to go through and rewrite a
bunch of rules...