Snort mailing list archives

Re: Are there any test suite for snort?

From: Jason Zhao <Jason.Zhao () Sun COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:31:02 +0800

FYI.

Thanks
Jason
Jason Zhao wrote:
Hi, All

I am just going to use the snort on my workstation which is running
Solaris 11.
After building, it generated the binary "snort" and related library
smoothly.
Then I tried it, it seems like the binary could on on Solaris correctly.

BTW: I downloaded the latest build 2.8.3.1.

But I haven't given it a try whether all the functions are OK or not,
since I am a newbie
to snort and almost have no idea about the binary. So my questions is:
Are there any test
suite in this community that I could download and run, and it will
tell me if all the functions
it supports are all OK or not?

Great Thanks
Jason