Snort mailing list archives

Emerging Threats Rules

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:05:09 -0600

Hi,

I was wondering what the best method of implementing the Emerging
Threats rules on a snort machine is?  I'm using Snort with MySQL,
Barnyard and BASE.

I've got my snort machine downloading the Emerging Threats rules
everyday, and I just put an include for each ET rule file in the
snort.conf file.  Is this the best way to handle it?

Also, I noticed that in BASE, I am not seeing the SID name, and I'm
assuming that is because I am not telling the system to look at the ET
sid.msg file.  What's the best way to deal with that?

Thanks,
Shawn