Snort mailing list archives

Re: Questions about Frag3 and Stream5

From: "Jason Brvenik" <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:32:33 -0400

It could be that this is a better question for snort-devel and users are
generally not that deep into the engine.

In general, after a packet is examined by the preprocessors, it is passed
down the chain to the next preprocessor or the detection engine unless the
preprocessor expressly tells the engine not to pass it along. The only
preprocessors that currently do that that I'm aware of are SSL and http
inspect.