Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors building snort-inlne 2.8.2.1 with clamv preprocessor

From: Nigel Horne <njh () bandsman co uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:17:19 +0100

carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com> wrote:

 I am trying to install snort-inline 2.8.2.1 from
https://snort-inline.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/snort-inline site and
when I
try to compile returns me this error:
../../../src/preprocessors/spp_clamav.c:545: error: 'struct cl_limits'
has no
member named 'maxratio'

Which version of ClamAV do you have installed?

I note that the SVN version of snort-inline no longer has a reference to maxratio,
presumably because ClamAV no longer uses maxratio. I can't remember when ClamAV dropped
it, but it's not in either 0.93.x or SVN.

I guess this will be fixed in the next release of snort-inline because the SVN version
of snort-inline has this code (note that maxratio has been commented out).

  /* set the limits */
  memset(&clam_limits, 0, sizeof(clam_limits));
  /* maximal number of files in archive */;
  clam_limits.maxfiles = 1000;
  /* maximal archived file size */
  clam_limits.maxfilesize = 10 * 1048576; /* 10 MB */
  /* maximal recursion level */
  clam_limits.maxreclevel = 5;
  /* maximal compression ratio */
  /* clam_limits.maxratio = 200;*/
  /* disable memory limit for bzip2 scanner */
  clam_limits.archivememlim = 0;

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne, nigel.horne () sourcefire com
Director of Product Management (ClamAV), Sourcefire, http://www.sourcefire.com