Snort mailing list archives

Re: WEB-MISC http directory traversal - False positive?

From: JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:58:34 -0400

or remove the sensitive material itself from the packet.....

a variety of tools are available for this purpose ->
http://www.tm.uka.de/pktanon/ is one such tool

Joel Esler wrote:
If you aren't comfortable with emailing the packet to the list, file a
formal false positive report with the VRT at sourcefire dot com,
include the full packet dump, and they will take a look.