Snort mailing list archives

http_inspect

From: "Sascha Hintz" <sascha.hintz () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:03:29 +0200

Hi all,

I am setting up my http_inspect preproc. I want to specify only one web
server from my network, cause I want http:inspect to analyse only web
traffic in this device, and whatever traffic sourced from my lan clients
to web internet servers, I do not want http_inspect to generate events.

preprocessor http_inspect: global \
    iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252

preprocessor http_inspect_server: server 172.22.39.100 profile apache
ports { 80 } oversize_dir_length 500

The problem I have is that snort doesnt start if I do not add default
config line:

preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
    profile all ports { 80 } oversize_dir_length 500

Adding this line is the only way I have to launch snort, but then I get
a lot of events from http_inspect and web traffic from my lan clients to
inet.

My version of snort is Version 2.7.0 (Build 35). Is this a bug? Do I
always need to include default server configuration?
Thanks in advance

Sascha
--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03