Snort mailing list archives

Re: Hi All,

From: CunningPike <cunningpike () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:57:38 -0700

Hi Laurence,

If you have upgraded from an older version of snort, make sure that you
are using the snort.conf that came with snort-2.8.0 as the starting
point for migrating your customizations to that file from the old version.

Among other things, snort-2.8.0 replaced flow with stream5, and
attempting to use flow-based rules on UDP traffic without stream5 can
cause problems.

(I'm from Dublin originally, by the way - nice to see another Paddy on
the list!).

CP

Laurence Moughan wrote:
Hi All,

 Solaris 8 - Snort 2.8

Apr 17 16:39:31 obeids01 snort[19974]: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL
ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort/./rules/bad-traffic.rules(28: Cannot check
flow connection for non-TCP traffic

I Manged to get past that by commenting the udp lines, but then the next
ruleset is same,
and the next
and the next

I can't just copmment nearly every rule !!

is theer a fix for this ?

Apr 17 17:01:54 obeids01 snort[21890]: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL
ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort/./rules/rpc.rules(33): Cannot check flow
connection for non-TCP traffic

Any ideas ?

I'm using the latest 2.8 rule set ( registered users )

,,_ -*> Snort! <*-
o" )~ Version 2.8.0 (Build 67)
'''' By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/team.html
(C) Copyright 1998-2007 Sourcefire Inc., et al.
Using PCRE version: 4.5 01-December-2003

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance
visit http://www.aerlingus.com

are addressed. Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking

of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities

other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received

this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete

the material.

Aer Lingus Limited

Registered in Ireland

Company Number 9215

Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.

Use priority code J8TL2D2.