Snort mailing list archives

Re: Oinkmaster not seeing large SID file rules

From: CunningPike <cunningpike () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:00:15 -0700

How certain are you that the rulesets your are updating with Oinkmaster
contain a rule with sid:100000137?

CP

James Lay wrote:
Hello!

Oinkmaster doesn’t seem to see large SID rules.  Below is my disablesid
line:

disablesid 12488,100000137

And here’s what I get from the oinkmaster report:

Processing downloaded rules... disabled 1, enabled 0, modified 0,
total=19680

Any way I can get it to see that second rule?  Thanks.

James