Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Barnyard-users] "No input plugin found for magic: a1b2c3d4" Issue

From: Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar <rachmat_hidayat_02 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 03:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for both of you, Joel Esler and Bamm Visscher
:)

I have no problem at all with snort's output plugin or
barnyard's output plugin.
For snort, I set it up to unified file format and for
barnyard, I set it up to MySQL
database.

The problem exist because I didn't remove the
snort.log.xxxxx binary
file from snort's log directory. I was cheated by its
name snort.log. I thought it was
unified file format, because they both have same name
format.

Barnyard now can run smoothly with no problem.
Case closed

Thanks in advance
Everyone love when people post solutions ;)
Matt