Snort mailing list archives

sfportscan tuning

From: "Kamran Shafi" <kamran.shafi () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:10:19 +1100

Hi all,

Do I need to change the threshold settings of portscan preprocessor in
src/preprocessors/portscan.c  or is there a softer way of changing the
thresholds for the alerts generated by this preprocessor??

Do I need to uninstall Snort first when I modify the .c file and then
recompile? I earlier installed Snort using the package manager, I guess
after doing this change I will just need to follow the standard sequence of
make

make clean
./configure
make
make install

Am I right or missing some step? Sorry if its a very basic question - just
didn't want to stuff up my existing setup.

--
Regards
Kam