Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort installation problems

From: "Bachelor, Stephen A CTR USSOCOM HQ" <Stephen.Bachelor.ctr () socom mil>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:19:49 -0500

"winpcap" is the supporting software needed--if what you got was Wincap
(http://www.taborsoft.com/wwizard/) or perhaps controller software for
applications involving a Windcap
(http://www.epcos.com/web/generator/Web/Sections/ProductCatalog/Capacito
rs/ProductOverview/WindCap/Page,locale=en.html) Try Winpcap instead:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.wiretapped.net/pub/security/packe
t-capture/winpcap/

If, although you spelled it differently twice and right never, you
actually did install Winpcap, please provide some more specifics on the
error messages, version of winpcap installed, NIC type, XP service pack
level, and such.