Snort mailing list archives

Re: Strange portscan traffic with dest of 169.254.x.x

From: Aaron Giuoco <agiuoco () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:13:51 -0800 (PST)

True.  But it is unusual to see so much traffic from 169.254 leaving a computer that already has a network connection.

I haven't been able to confirm whether the packets are related to ActiveSync like Paul mentioned.  Thanks for the
replies.  I'll try to confirm whether or not ActiveSync is being used on these PCs or not and post back.

AG