Snort mailing list archives

Re: HELP: Error instaling so_rules

From: Matthew Watchinski <mwatchinski () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:41:14 -0500

You have to modify the make file to point to the correct location for
pcre.h.

"sf_snort_plugin_api.h:36:18: pcre.h: No such file or directory"

-matt

Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar wrote:
Hi again...

Straight forward...
When I run 'make' on so_rules directory, this error message appeared..

cc -c -ggdb -I. -I.. -I../.. -I../src/dynamic-preprocessors/include/ -I/usr/include
-I../src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule/ -fPIC -o p2p_winny.o p2p_winny.c In file included from p2p_winny.c:24:
../src/dynamic-preprocessors/include/sf_snort_plugin_api.h:36:18: pcre.h: No such file or directory
p2p_winny.c: In function 'ruleWINNYeval':
p2p_winny.c:118: warning: assingnment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
p2p_winny.c:123: warning: assingnment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make: *** [p2p_winny] Error 1

What was happened? and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any response
(^^,) rachmat