Snort mailing list archives

web proxies and aplication servers

From: Jorge Cuevas <jcuevas () nesys-st com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:09:24 +0100

Hi all

I am trying to set up my http_inspect preprocessor.
If I have a Squid proxy listening on ports 80 and 8080, do I need to
configure a preprocessor http_inspect_server for it? And should I use
apache profile?

If I am using any other web server (neither IIS nor Apache), do I need
to configure a preprocessor http_inspect_server for it? If so, which
profile?

And same question about application servers, like AOL for example. Do I
need to configure http_inspect_server for it? Which profile?

I am getting thousands of alerts do to web requests from my proxy clients, and I think all of them are false positives,
but I am not sure If is correct enough bypassing http_inspect for my proxy or web applications.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jorge

--
Jorge Cuevas González           <jcuevas () nesys-st com>
Director de Proyectos           www.nesys-st.com