Snort mailing list archives

Re: Double Decoding Attack bad?

From: "Chris Libby" <chris.a.libby () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:41:20 -0500

I had been getting alerts on this and various other HTTP_INSPECT attacks all
the time.  Most were from one internal computer to another (typically
Word/Excel opening a document from Sharepoint), and a few from a Mail2Go
package out to the Internet.  Too many false positives to be useful.
However, you may want to see what computers this is coming from and look at
the traffic for yourself before you turn it off.