Snort mailing list archives

mysql error

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:34:18 -0500

I am trying to install snort on a device. And when I run the snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf, I receive the ERROR: database: mysql_error:
Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Fatal
Error, Quitting..

I can log into mysql using the snort login.  I have entered the
following commands:

grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort@localhost; SET PASSWORD FOR
snort@localhost=PASSWORD('********');
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort@localhost;
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort;

I seem to recall that there was a way to clear permissions in mysql. But
I cannot remember the commands.

Any help would be appreciate.

Dwane

<mailto:atkinsd () uthscsa edu>