Snort mailing list archives

Webinar with Judy Novak

From: "Mike Guiterman" <mike.guiterman () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:06:30 -0400

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know about a couple of new research papers
and a new recorded webinar that are available on Snort.org.  Judy Novak
of the VRT and Steve Sturges of the Snort Team recently published two
technical studies on Target-based stream reassembly, the links are
below.  Judy Novak also recorded a presentation on these two research
papers that is available for everyone in the community.  We chose to
record the presentation so that you can view it at your convenience.

We'll schedule a live Q&A session on the papers and the presentation in
a few weeks to give everyone a chance to ask any questions that they may
have.

The Webinar is available at:
https://sourcefire.webex.com/ec0509l/eventcenter/recording/recordAction.do?theAction=poprecord&confViewID=11291432&rnd=8662792644&siteurl=sourcefire&servicename=EC&recordKey=F284ECEEE778232821DE9F572907598059310601B402FB92D6DAE69BF24F1C6F&RecordingID=11291432&AT=VR&needFilter=false
or by the link on the snort.org homepage.

The research papers are available at:

Target-based Stream Reassembly and Stream 5 Technical Study:
http://www.snort.org/reg/docs/stream5-model-Aug032007.pdf

Target-based TCP Timestamp Technical Study:
http://www.snort.org/reg/docs/TIMESTAMP.Aug032007.PDF

Regards,

Mike

--