Snort mailing list archives

Snort keeps quitting

From: john <john23 () ratservers co uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:28:59 +0100

Hi all

am a newbie to snort and am having a couple of problems with it.
attempting to run snort on fedora 6 but ....

can start it up ok but then after about a minute, it quits. I cannot find
anything in the logs to say why it quits, have tried disabling each rule in
turn but with no effect.

Also, in the webmin module, snort seems to display ok, but when I click on a
rule to try to edit/ look at it I get the following error:
eg.
Rule file cannot be found (/etc/snort/rules/$RULE_PATH/attack-responses.rules)

have tried to edit the  RULE_PATH in all areas, network settings and conf file
but again to no avail

anyone any suggestions

cheers

john