Snort mailing list archives

Re: Database Insertion Error

From: Dirk Geschke <dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:25:18 +0200

Hi Marc,

I have 8 sensors running the same version of Snort (2.6.0.2) all configured
to send data to a Postgress DB (Enterprise DB).  Some of the sensors are not
able to send to the db, the error is messages is:

database: inconsistent cid information for sid=14

Anyone have any idea on how to correct this?

I think this is not really a problem, it is just a warning message,
the next line should have been one like

   Recovering by rolling forward the cid=...

This happens if a connection is interrupted. Normally on a regular
shutdown the database gets actualized. This did not happen but is
corrected by the reconnect.

Best regards

Dirk