Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard for Windows?

From: "M. Shirk" <shirkdog_list () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:14:06 -0400

You have Snort on Windows, isn't that enough of a travesty?Shirkdog
' or 1=1--
http://www.shirkdog.us> From: michaels () winsnort com> To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net> Date: Mon, 20 Aug
2007 20:23:33 -0400> Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard for Windows?> > Does anyone know if there will be any Barnyard
solution for the Windows> environment?> > Kindest regards,> Michael...> > WINSNORT.com Management Team Member> -->
****************** Established ~ 2001 *******************> *          Visit Us @ http://www.winsnort.com           *> *
     ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *> *               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *> *
Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://www.snort.org *> *********************************************************> > >
-----Original Message-----> From: snort-users-bounces () lists sourceforge net> [mailto:snort-users-bounces () lists
sourceforge net] On Behalf Of Joel Esler> Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 7:47 AM> To: James Lay> Cc: Snort> Subject: Re:
[Snort-users] Diagnosing MySQL server has gone away messages> > James, yes, this happens when Snort hasn't inserted
anything to mysql in a> bit.  Mysql will time out the connection.  I suggest the use of the unified> output plugin,
then use "barnyard" to read those unified files and insert> them into the database.> > As a general recommendation for
everyone on the list, Snort should never be> logging directly to the DB.> > Joel> > > On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at
07:53:58PM -0600, it looks like James Lay sent me:> >    Hey all!> > > >    Subject says it all...anyone else get
these?  All I have to do is> restart> >    snort and life is fine.  Tested out manually during the times that> snort> >
   says mysql has gone away with mysql -h 10.0.0.39 -u bleh -p and I> connect> >    right off.  Any hints on this?
SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.> > Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.> > Now Search
log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.> > Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>
http://get.splunk.com/> > > _______________________________________________> > Snort-users mailing list> > Snort-users
() lists sourceforge net> > Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:> >
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users> > Snort-users list archive:> >
http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users> > > > > > > > -----> joel esler >