Snort mailing list archives

What different between using "threshold" and "track" for rule and flow-portscan ??

From: Lerdpong Lerdpaisarnwong <lerdpong () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:49:17 +0000

Hey everyone, I'm newbies. I used snort for detecting scanning worms which its characteristics is send packets  from
source to many destinations to find victims so I used flow-portscan preprocessor to detect them  but then I read manual
I found that I  can write rule that using "threshold" and "track"  . For example,alert icmp any any -> any any (msg:
"Alert for scan worm" ; threshold: type threshold, track by_src, count 100 , seconds 1;) Does anyone know the different
between them ?? RegardsJO