Snort mailing list archives

Re: Confirming flexresponse

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 12:21:21 -0400

A thought that springs to mind is to watch the traffic on an interface that can see the RST packets and test it.  You
should see the RST packet if you just watch the traffic itself.

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 10:09:47AM -0400, it looks like Cesar Diaz sent me:
   I compiled snort with flexresponse enabled and added "resp:rst_all" to a
   few P2P rules.  I still see alerts on those rules in BASE, but I assume
   that after it is detected, the RST packet is sent and the connection
   dropped.

   Is there a way to confirm that the response is taking place, and then if
   it worked or not?

   Thanks in advance for your help,

   Cesar

   Cesar Diaz