Snort mailing list archives

Re: running snort on multiple interfaces (OpenBSD)

From: "CS Lee" <geek00l () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:47:28 +0800

Soner,

If you are in bridge mode, sniffing on one of the interface should be enough
as any of the interface should see all the traffics. So that doesn't matter.

And it is fine that bridge has no IP and snort will still work.

We need to know more about your setup, it's a bit unclear, I'm wondering why
you should configure IP for the network interfaces.