Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ignoring a packet

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:10:01 -0400

Louis,

It looks like a trip to the users manual is needed.  There are tons of
ways to do what you are asking, but the easiest answer to your question
is:  Shut off the rule.

I suggest a read of the users manual.  Everything is outlined in there.
 The documentation is great.

Louis Bohm wrote:
How do I tell snort to ignore a specific packet?  I am collecting snmp
data from my DMZ and I see it in snort but I want snort to ignore the
packets because I am being inadated with them.

Louis

~~
Louis Bohm
Network Administrator
Adnexus Therapeutics
781.209.2324
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

--

+-----
joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire | pgp is public