Snort mailing list archives

snort + swatch + script wirting + waiting help

From: pearl carlo <pearlcarlo () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:59:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all

I am using  Snort and would like to use swatch so that when particular attack occurs  swatch runs that script.

I need little  advice here .. i want my script to parse out the IP addresses from the same alert which is triggered by
rule..

Any descriptive ideas will be helpful or if somebody has ready script shall be helpful to me before i spend lots of
time to reinvent the wheel.

thanks a lot in advance and hope to get good response.

pearl