Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Archives

From: Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:07:33 -0400

On  0, "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu> wrote:
Nigel,

I appreciate the help.  So you are saying that I will need to create a
snortsam.conf?  Now I guess then at this time, I would have to ask, how
do I correlate the snortsam.conf to my snort device?

You should probably start by reading all the documentation on
http://www.snortsam.net/documentation.html, there are many things to do
before you have a functional setup. The snortsam.conf is only the
beginning. The INSTALL and FAQ files should have enough information to
get you up and running.

--
Nigel Houghton
Office Linebacker