Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort process getting killed

From: Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:23:10 -0400

On  0, Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com> wrote:
doug schmidt wrote:
Will test with ac-bnfa; right now running with acs

Here is some config's: (removed IP's in var's)

preprocessor telnet_decode

Sorry, should have caught this before.  The telnet_decode preprocessor
has been deprecated in favor the the ftp_telnet dynamic preprocessor.
Again, take a look at the default snort.conf and README.ftptelnet (in
docs/).

I suspect the use of a very old snort.conf. I suggest using the
snort.conf in the tarball for the version of snort you are running
(2.6.1.5), you will of course, have to edit to suit your environment.

It may seem like a pain, but I suspect it will save you a lot of time in
the future.

--
Nigel Houghton
Office Linebacker