Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 3.0 Alpha 1

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:21:26 -0400

Bill, thanks for posting.

For some reason, this is the third posting about this I have received on
snort-users.

bill ke wrote:
hi everyone
  I have spent the past month testing and researching the Snort 3.0
Alpha 1 code base on EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0 community and Ubuntu.
After using this release I recently wrote a article on what I have
learned and how users can test it for them selfs.

I am very interesting in other people's opinions and experiences in
using this code base. Also wondering what developers think about lua and
any interesting things you have done to extend snort via the lua
interface. I am planning on continue to learn about Snort 3.0 and will
be looking at the new development Alpha code bases as they are released.
I am looking forward from hearing from you on any ideas and comments of
the new Snort 3.0 code base. Thank you

This article can be found by following this link
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/128135/171/
<http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/128135/171/>

Enjoy
~Bill Keys

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

--

+-----
joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire |