Snort mailing list archives

Re: Dynamic Preprocessor using inline functions

From: "Will Metcalf" <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:33:13 -0600

show us your code....

On 1/23/07, Mathew S <mathew () vw-rabbit com> wrote:
Was curious if anyone has successfully created dynamic preprocessors
using Snort 2.6.1.2 with its new Inline mode. We are trying to create
a preprocessor that makes use of the InlineDrop, InlineReject
functions, but we can seem to figure out how to link the dynamic
preprocessor to the inline function code. If anyone has any ideas
about this, please let me know. Everytime I compile the preprocessor
and load it, we get an undefined symbol: InlineReject due to the fact
that our code is not being linked to the inline function code of
Snort. I'm assuming we would need a very special Makefile to do the
linking.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Mathew S