Snort mailing list archives

Re: interesting firefox error

From: Steve Bernacki <snort () f copacetic net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:04:24 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Don Scott wrote:
Hello snorters,
Today I was checking my gmail inbox when I saw the following error:

----------------------
File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /usr/local/bin/snort -D -d -i wpi0 -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf -u _snort -g _snort.

This probably has nothing to do with Snort.  I suspect that you had the
command line in your copy buffer, and accidentally middle clicked inside
of the Firefox window.  See
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Middlemouse.contentLoadURL> for more
information on this, including how to disable this behavior.

Steve
--
Steve Bernacki, Jr
To date, the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge has raised 171 million