Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help trying to compile ver 2.6.1.2

From: "Will Metcalf" <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:24:22 -0600

That's because redhat is ***special***

http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html

Regards,

Will

On 1/10/07, Michael W. Cocke <cocke () catherders com> wrote:
On a fedora Core 5 system (I have a reason for not being able to use the
packaged RPM), I'm trying to compile snort 2.6.1.2 from the source
tarball and failing miserably.

Trying to configure with --with-inline and enable-mysql, configure seems
  to run clean, but Make produces the following errors -

In file included from /usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_queue.h:10,
                  from /usr/include/libipq.h:37,
                  from ../../src/inline.h:8,
                  from ../../src/snort.h:36,
                  from spo_alert_fast.c:51:
/usr/include/linux/if.h:59: error: redefinition of 'struct ifmap'
/usr/include/linux/if.h:77: error: redefinition of 'struct ifreq'
/usr/include/linux/if.h:126: error: redefinition of 'struct ifconf'
spo_alert_fast.c: In function 'AlertFastInit':
spo_alert_fast.c:124: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'ParseAl
ertFastArgs' differ in signedness
make[3]: *** [spo_alert_fast.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

If I run configure without --enable-inline I get a binary, but that
pretty much defeats the purpose - I want inline.

Thanks!

Mike-